Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Why Nikon?


I've been using Nikon systems for several years starting off during the film era and I found this to be the most reliable tool in my work. Shifting to digital in the early stages has brought a lot of frustration in capturing and post production due to the lack of refinement in technology. But nowadays, the cameras and softwares are capable of producing results even far better of than film. In fact the only limitation is the creativity of the user. I'm currently using my Nikon D2h and D200. Among my arsenal of Nikkor lenses my favorites are the 17-55 mm f2.8, 70-200 mm f2.8 VR and 24-85 mm f2.8-4 macro. With the integration of Nikon's CLS (Creative Lighting System) into my technique, this makes photography a lot more exciting!

The CLS basically allows the photographer to set the small speedlights as he would normally do in a studio, with the portability and wireless capability with remote control in hands-reach which is great flexibility and convenience easily brought on location! (Wheeew!) Joe Mcnally is one of the world's most important photojournalists and is the current endorser of this product. He was able to demonstrate the potential of the Nikon CLS in various applications. I use the CLS in capturing portraits and scenes in weddings as well. Here, I took portraits of Margaux using my SB-800s were we did it inside the house without any softboxes and heavy wiring that causes delay in preparation.

No comments: